Unique Features of a ZAP Cruise and Wine Hosts
Mark Vernon, Ridge Vineyard
Mike McCay, McCay Cellars
Nils Venge, Saddleback Cellars
- ZAP spends the months leading up to the cruise searching for a wide selection of Zinfandels from our member wineries. Along with the Zinfandel supplied by our host vintners, you will have the opportunity to sample more than 40 wines throughout the trip.
- Discover a full-immersion experience with Zinfandel, beginning with a private welcome reception, continuing with an opportunity to join exciting wine and food excursions in some local regions, and peaking with intimate winemaker dinners and seminars. Along the way you will sample more than 40 Zinfandel wines, and make connections with fellow cruisers, building friendships and memories that last a lifetime.
- Imagine meeting up with all of your friends, choosing the destinations you've always wanted to visit, staying in complete comfort, eating the most tantalizing food, and sampling more than 40 varieties of Zinfandel for 10 days. That's the ZAP cruise experience!
- As part of the ZAP group, you will enjoy all that the ship and ports have to offer, with additional, unique bonuses:
- You’ll be surrounded by people who share a passion and appreciation for Zinfandel.
- The cost of your trip includes all of the Zinfandel wines at private events hosted by winemakers.
- You'll achieve ZAP’s University of Zin “Zin Master” status by attending free in interactive tasting seminars conducted by winemakers, imparting a deeper understanding of the history and legacy of Zinfandel.
- You will experience your own personal Zinfandel festival.
- Enjoy an intriguing blend of activities available only to ZAP cruisers:
- Three renowned vintners take you on an epicurean journey as you sample and discuss more than 40 Zinfandel wines provided by ZAP members.
- ZAP's vintner hosts welcome you with a reception and Zinfandel tasting that sets the stage for a voyage filled with exclusive wine-themed activities, making ZAP cruisers the envy of the ship.
- Take the opportunity to join unique wine-and-food-focused shore excursions exclusive to ZAP cruisers, where you can experience local varietals, cuisine and culture.
- One evening, dine with your fellow Zinfandel enthusiasts and all three vintner hosts at one of the ship's elite specialty restaurants, featuring a uniquely created dinner menu to pair with three Zinfandel wines for each course.
- Enjoy an intimate winemaker dinner for 10 people, featuring one of our vintner hosts, who will guide you through an expertly paired, special menu. This full immersion experience brings you up close and personal with favorite wines from one of our winemakers.
Conclude the cruise with your new Zin Master colleagues, cementing friendships at your farewell tasting reception and savoring the exceptional array of Zinfandel wines that your vintner hosts have carefully selected for you to evaluate with your expanded oenological knowledge.